TRENDS IN LOGIC XVII, 2017
The 17th Trends in Logic international conference will be held at The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Poland, from September 12 to September 15, 2017 under the title “Traditional and new perspectives on deontic logic and agency modeling”. It is organized by the Department of the Foundations of Computer Science at the Faculty of Philosophy of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, in co-operation with the journal Studia Logica (see http://www.studialogica.org and http://link.springer.com/journal/11225).
Trends website: http://trends.philosophy.kul.pl
We call for relevant contributions applying the different approaches to:
– deontic logic,
– normative aspects of action theory,
– formal ethics,
– legal theory,
– handling norms in computer systems.
A special session on obligations derived from permissions, related to the a special issue of Studia Logica, will be a part of the conference.
– Jan Broersen
– Fenrong Liu
– Paul McNamara
– Olivier Roy
– Marek Sergot
– Jan Woleński
Extended abstracts of a length between 1 and 3 pages (including references), which will undergo a short reviewing process should be submitted in LaTeX preferably (but not mandatorily) according to the Trends style, available for downloading at http://www.studialogica.org. All papers should be submitted via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=trends2017). At least one of the authors of an accepted paper must register for and attend the conference for the contribution to be presented.
Authors are encouraged to submit papers presented at Trends in Logic XVII to Studia Logica journal, where they will be a subject of full reviewing process.
– Janusz Czelakowski (Opole, Poland)
– Norbert Gratzl (München, Germany)
– Jacek Malinowski (Warsaw, Poland)
– Marcin Tkaczyk (Lublin, Poland)
– Robert Trypuz (Lublin, Poland)
– Heinrich Wansing (Bochum, Germany)
– Ryszard Wójcicki (Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw)
– Piotr Kulicki (Lublin, Poland) – Local chair
– Marek Lechniak (Lublin, Poland)
– Xin Sun (Lublin, Poland)
– Anna Karczewska (Lublin, Poland)
– Anna Starościc (Lublin, Poland)
– Michael Musielewicz (Lublin, Poland)
– Paulina Wiejak – secretary
Deadline for submissions: May 31th, 2017
Notification of acceptance: June 30th, 2017
Deadline for early registration: July 31th, 2017
Conference: September 12th-15th, 2017